Xi to address gathering marking Xinhai Revolution
President Xi Jinping will attend a gathering on Saturday to mark the 110th anniversary of the Revolution of 1911, also known as the Xinhai Revolution, which ended more than 2,000 years of imperial rule in China and spread the ideas of democracy and equality among the Chinese people.
Xi, who is also general secretary of the Communist Party of China Central Committee and chairman of the Central Military Commission, will deliver a speech at the event.
The event will be broadcast live by China Media Group and Xinhuanet.com.
- Xi's call for inclusive growth resonates globally
- Determined blind programmer becomes a guiding light for visually impaired
- Volunteers bring joy to blind moviegoers' lives
- The Genuine Article
- HK's Lam confident about plan's implementation
- Weighting of gaokao to rise for art students